CPA firm is looking to hire a tax accountant for income tax preparation and accounting work.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Preparation of individual, partnership and corporation tax returns.
- IRS and State Correspondence.
- Answer tax questions and provide proactive tax advice.
- Working with our bookkeeper to provide accurate financial statements, payroll and sales tax services as well as other relevant financial information to clients.
- Working with client information in quickbooks or quickbooks online to post transactions, reconcile accounts, or make adjusting entries.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a group setting to provide excellent client services and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and great people skills.
- Strong computer skills in excel, word and outlook and quickbooks.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters suite very helpful.
- Strong understanding of accounting and tax rules.
- Two years of experience with tax preparation.
- Two years of accounting.
- Bachelor's degree in business accounting.
We offer standard benefits of sick time, vacation, holidays, health insurance and retirement plan.
Competitive salary which will depend on experience.